I am joining the Million Dollar Club! No I have not become a millionaire yet (I’m so far from it). The Million Dollar Club is J$’s creation at Budgets Are Sexy to make it public the steps that a blogger or someone is taking to be able to become a millionaire.
I want to be a millionaire so badly and I am taking steps to get to where I want to go. The ideal age that I want to be come a millionaire is 35 but I expect it to be a little later, like 40. Becoming a millionaire is no easy task and I expect there to be a lot of bumps in the road but I will get there. No one in my family is or has ever been a millionaire so first time for everything right?
As Part of the Million Dollar Club, These are My Pledges:
1) Max out my 401k and HSA every year (with the exception of 2016). No excuses. Without fail.
2) 95% of the time only spend on things I need and the other 5% of the time splurge a little to blow off steam and get back to the course
3) Work on increasing my income through hustling at work and creating side income opportunities
4) Lend a helping hand to people who want to achieve early retirement as well
5) Give back to my family and my community where I am able to contribute
6) Never pay credit card interest
7) 95% of the time buy something for value, never the price and think about the long-term
8) Never, EVER invest in something I don’t understand
9) Never forget the reason why I want to be financially independent
10) Have fun and enjoy the ride!
I’m confident that with making my goals public, every single one of you can hold me accountable (if you wish). I can visualize that million dollar mark already and I will get there. Who’s with me?!
Readers, are you taking the right steps to becoming a millionaire? Will I ever achieve it? Let me know in the comments below!
My goal is to enable your success in personal finance so that you can realize the American dream. The first step is starting today!
Read more about me here.
Latest posts by Finance Solver (see all)
- Would You Invest $1.5K for a Non-Guaranteed Chance? - January 11, 2017
- Starting a Thousand Mile Journey With a Single Step - December 14, 2016
- 5 Seconds Can Save Ten Dollars - December 10, 2016